Review: Supernatural Season 9, Episode 9: Holy Terror

Wait, did they really kill, Kevin?

I mean, is he actually, completely, 100% dead? Because, if so, that’s pretty messed up. Kevin has been with us as a character for so long! How could they kill him so quickly and so casually? It’s almost as bad as the way the writers killed Tara on True Blood (by the way, did you hear there’s going to be a True Blood reboot? I’m not in favor.). If that really was the end of Kevin, I’m going to be pretty upset. Someone better find a way to resurrect him! He was one of the best supporting characters on the show.

Other than Kevin’s death, there was some pre-tty shocking stuff in this episode.

For example, the fact that Ezekiel isn’t Ezekiel.

Let’s take a minute to talk over that.

Now, I’ve been skeptical of Ezekiel for quite a while, but it never occurred to me that he might be a completely different person (or angel, more accurately)! That just wasn’t on my bingo card.

Anyway, I shouldn’t be surprised because we’ve known that angels are ridiculously duplicitous for awhile now. In this episode, we learned that Ezekiel is actually Gadreel, an angel who was in Heaven jail because he allowed the serpent into the Garden of Eden.

We also learn that Metatron—who I am disliking more and more everyday—wants to recruit Gadreel to join him in a new and improved Heaven. So, nothing could go wrong there, right? I sense something horrible in the offing.

Speaking of angel DRAMA, does Castiel have his grace back now? I think that’s what happened, but I can’t keep track of how all the angel rules work. If he does have his grace back, I’m going to miss human Castiel who appreciated tasty food and hot water; I liked that Castiel. However, I can’t deny that he’s a lot more useful when he has his grace (or someone’s grace anyway).

On the whole, I’m not very interested in the whole “war between the angels” plot (although, I’m guessing it’s going to be a big story this season). It’s all just a little too tedious and complex for me. We’ve already met like a hundred angels in this show, and I’ve given up on remembering all their name and what side they’re on. Besides, we’ve already had so many angel wars in this show, I just can’t care too much anymore.

That being said, I can’t say I wasn’t amused by the gospel choir of murderous angels on their little tour bus. That was a nice touch.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review