Review: Supernatural Season 9, Episode 12: Sharp Teeth

FINALLY! I’ve been wondering what happened to Garth for eons. I’m glad they finally decided to tell us! Viewers have been in suspense for way too long.

I imagined a whole lot of things happening to Garth, but becoming a werewolf was not one of them! Supernatural is still able to surprise me after all these seasons.

I’m not going to lie, I am a bit disappointed that Garth is now a werewolf and no longer a hunter. I’ll miss seeing him on hunts.

However, I did enjoy learning more about werewolves.

In most fictional worlds, werewolves are complicated characters with complex social and political dynamics. So, it was a little surprising that Supernatural decided to portray their werewolves as unthinking, unreasoning monsters. I’m glad to see that Supernatural has now decided to dive into a more complex view of werewolves. (Can you tell that I thought deeply about this?)

Actually, I wouldn’t mind having a whole season of Supernatural covering the ins and outs of werewolf life, but we’ll save that for the spinoff show.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting to see a split in the monster community between those who want to coexist with humans and those who don’t. It really shows that all monsters aren’t black and white and that there are differences and distinctions in the supernatural community.

I was glad that Sam and Dean were able to resolve the situation without (too much) bloodshed. I’m happy that they left Garth and his werewolf family in peace, and hopefully we’ll see them all again in better circumstances.

Anyway, I’m sorry that this review was not more detailed, but I don’t think there is much else to say. This episode wasn’t groundbreaking or anything, but it was interesting and entertaining. Plus, as I said, I’m always happy to see Garth!

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review