Review: Supernatural Season 9, Episode 10: Road Trip

I have to be honest, this wasn’t a super memorable episode for me.

Compared to the other episodes in this season, I feel like “Road Trip” was mostly filler. It connected the dots on some of the plot points playing out across this season—which was important—but it didn’t have a strong plot on its own, which made it kind of blend in with the other episodes in this season.

That being said, there were some good and important moments in this episode.

First of all, Gadreel is no longer in Sam. Obviously, that should have happened a long time ago (especially since Castiel could heal him in a few seconds). However, it was fun to watch Gadreel and Crowley fight it out inside Sam’s mind.

I’m a little disappointed that Sam decided to go his separate way after Gadreel was expelled, but I obviously get it. Per usual, the Winchesters have a huge and emotional betrayal to get over.

(Honestly, there’s always so much DRAMA with the Winchesters! I feel like we’ve been repeating the same emotional patterns for nine seasons; but, hey, if the plot isn’t broken, don’t fix it!)

Speaking of Gadreel, I am truly confused about what’s going on between him and Metatron. Like, what’s their plan? What are they trying to do? I don’t get it. Maybe I’m just not paying enough attention, but I’m not really following why Metatron wants Gadreel to kill all these people.

I was especially disappointed that he killed Abner. He seemed like such a nice angel! And there are so few of those around!

I’m also disappointed that the demon Cecily died! True, we only met her for about thirty seconds, but she seemed like a helpful and smart demon, and there aren’t many of those around either! Plus, I feel like Sam and Dean would really benefit from knowing a demon involved in NSA surveillance.

Rating: 6/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review