Review: Supernatural Season 9, Episode 16: Blade Runners

Simply put, this episode was just AMAZING.

It was so fun and so weird, in the best possible way.

First of all, magical bunker full of crazy, rare, supernatural stuff? How is that not going to be interesting? This episode had me hooked from the moment Sam and Dean disappeared in a flash of magical light.

For all of his villainy, Cuthbert Sinclair was actually quite an interesting character. Evil geniuses are always interesting characters. Plus, as I said, I liked his bunker. Don’t get me wrong, I prefer Sam and Dean’s bunker, but his bunker had a certain panache. Plus, I like his taste in paintings (that’s my art history nerd side coming out).

Be that as it may, the best part of the episode was CROWLEY! In fact, now that Kevin is dead and Charlie hasn’t been on the show in a while, Crowley might be one of my favorite characters on the show. But, he was definitely one of my favorite characters in this episode. He was so funny and weird and random! I mean, who didn’t laugh when Crowley was all like “You don't know what it's like to be human!” Um, what do you think Sam and Dean are? Cockatoos?

Speaking of being human, are we supposed to understand that Crowley is part human now? Because, if so, that’s WILD. I mean, he definitely feels human when he injects the blood, but what does that mean? Is he mortal now? What’s with his sudden laziness and lack of ambition? How can you be addicted to being human? I have so many questions!

Anyway, the upshot of all of this is that the Impala got keyed (excuse me while I cry my eyes out) and Dean now has the first blade. Look out Abaddon, the Winchesters are coming for you!

On an unrelated note, someone needs to tell me if Snooki was actually in this episode or not. I mean, it looked like her, but why on earth would SNOOKI be in Supernatural? Talk about random celebrity guest appearances.

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review