Game of Thrones Review: Season 6 Episode 4

So, I know that this review is approximately two and half weeks late, but I'm going to review it anyway. Come and see. This was a wonderful episode. I'm am so excited that there has finally been a Stark reunion. Come and see.

Favorite Moments:

Stark Family Reunion: I was absolutely overjoyed this week that there has finally been a Stark family reunion.  THAT WAS SUCH A GOOD SCENE. IT WAS SO TOUCHING!!! It's so lovely to finally have a happy moment on Game of Thrones, they're so rare! I loved that moment when they see each other from across the courtyard and then they have a great emotional moment and a big hug. I think I teared up a bit. Also, it's worthwhile to note that we learned that the Night's Watch makes good soup and terrible ale! Of course, it's Game of Thrones, so their happiness probably won't last, but it's nice while it lasts.

Come and See: Kudos to Ramsay Bolton for writing the most aggressive letter ever in the history of letter writing. Say what you will about Joffrey Baratheon, but Ramsay is clearly the best villain in Game of Thrones history. Like, I would really like to see Jon Snow feed him to Ghost, but I'll also sort of miss his psychotic weirdness. I mean, if he gets killed off, who's going to come up with chilling phrases like "come and see." But seriously, let's all take a minute to appreciate how disturbing that letter was. You just don't get that sort of imagination from Joffrey or the White Walkers.

You are Small Men: They don't call her the "UNBUURNT" for nothing. Of course, it's always satisfying to see Daenerys Targaryen conquer an entire civilization without lifting a finger. Dany gets a gold star this week for rescuing herself, making a new Dosh Khaleen BFF, and raising an army from nothing. What can I say, barbecuing the Khals and forming a mega khalasar was a brilliant move. Although, I will miss their colorful insults. I'm really excited to see where she leads her new followers next week. Hopefully, she will finally start making her way over to Westeros.

Love at First Sight, the  Story of Brienne and Tormund: Of all the love stories in Game of Thrones, the blossoming romance between Brienne and Tormund may be the most compelling. It's love at first sight. Who would have thunk it. But seriously, I love how into Brienne Tormund is. Apparently, he likes a strong, independent woman.

The Diplomatic Approach: Got to be honest, the Meereen plot line is getting a little boring for me. However, I love Tyrion to the enth degree. I love his fun little quips, I love that he can't speak Valyrian, and I love his interactions with Tyrion and Missandei. I love every word and every syllable of every scene that he is in.

Do You Eat Them After?: Let us all take a moment to mourn the passing of Osha the Wildling. She was a firey redhead and now she's dead. However, I must say that I loved her  "do you eat them after" line this week in response to Ramsay's flayed man sigil. Although, it's probably not good to give Ramsay any ideas.

Least Favorite Moments:

The Prince that was Promised: I liked Melisandre for approximately 30 seconds this season, but now I'm back to being annoyed with her. For five seasons she went on and on about how Stannis was the promised one and then, all of the sudden, she's like "JK, it was Jon Snow all along." Well, her crisis of faith certainly didn't last long.

The Defender Psycho of the Vale - Littlefinger is back in the show. Big whoop. I don't care. I used to like him a lot, but last season his actions deviated a lot from the books, and I don't really like the way his plot is going. Plus, he is irrevocably paired with Robert Arryn, who I find to be annoying and creepy. I mean, could he please stop talking about throwing people out of the Moon Door? And, for goodness' sake, could someone please cut his hair!

A Simple Man with Simple Shoes - Someone needs to kill the High Sparrow. He's so creepy! I'm so annoyed with him and his silly stories about silly shoes. The Faith Militant are a good story line for King's Landing and they make good villains, but someone needs to kill them already.

Many will Die no Matter What We Do, Better Them Than Us - I think that Cersei and the Queen of Thorn's plan to rescue Margaery and Loras is INSANE. Apparently the Tyrells have the second biggest army in the Kingdom, so they certainly have the ability to kill all of the Faith Militant, but it seems like a terrible idea for rulers to sack their own city (I mean, let's be real, they're going to sack the city).

Theon Goes Home: Theon made his way home this week, blah, blah, blah, I don't care. Blah. He bumps into his sister. She is annoyed. No one cares, including me. Check back next week.

Valar dohaeris

Note: I'm sorry this post is so late! I've been traveling for the past eleven days or so, so I'm a bit behind. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review