Game of Thrones Inspired Nails: Night's Watch Edition

Note: This blog was originally published on my makeup blog. If you want to see other manicures, please follow my makeup blog.

So, if you've been reading my most recent reviews of season 6 of Game of Thrones, you know that I'm super excited that the show is back. For this week's episode, I decided to do a Night's Watch inspired manicure because I had a feeling (and I was correct) that important things were going to happen at the Wall in this episode.

Anyway, I started off with two coats of black polish because, of course, the Night's Watch wear black. I used Sally Hansen's Black Out, but you can use any black polish you have. It doesn't have to be anything special, just basic black.


Next, I applied a holographic top coat over four of my nails. I used Butter London Stardust, which has a nice rainbow effect, but any holo top coat will do. The rainbow holo reminds me a bit of the way light reflects on snow, which seemed very appropriate for Jon Snow. (Who is definitely my favorite reanimated corpse).

For my accent nail, I just put a coat of Butter London's Petrol overcoat over black. Petrol is kind of a bluish purple, so it makes the black look like a vampy teal. It sort of reminds me of black ice.


This is a very versatile manicure. You could do a holo top coat on all five nails if you wanted, or you could do the accent nail as a full manicure. The world is your oyster! Unless, of course, you're a member of the Night's Watch. Then, you have to follow the Lord Commander's orders.

Valar dohaeris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review