Review: Supernatural Season 11, Episode 17: Red Meat

Okay, let’s be real, Sam should have died in this episode. I mean, he got shot, bleed out, suffocated, and then he revived and walked to his car while bleeding out again? I’m sorry, but the Winchesters are not bionic. There’s no way Sam should have walked away from that with a few stitches.

That’s not to say that I’m not happy Sam is alive. Of course I am! The last thing we need is a dead Winchester who gets blasted into the outer darkness of oblivion. I’m just saying that all of this was a little too improbable. (Plus, Dean probably should have died too, if we’re being real about it).

However, setting all of that aside, I have to say that this was a pretty gripping episode; it had me feeling legitimately anxious the entire time. The werewolves hunting Sam down through the woods, Corbin the other werewolf, and the reapers to boot. That was all very intense.

Especially Corbin. That Corbin guy is a jerk, even for a werewolf. Trying to kill Sam when Sam was just trying to help him? That was very low. It’s not often that the Winchesters experience that much ingratitude.

I did feel bad for Michelle though. She seemed nice and definitely didn’t deserve the situation she found herself in. Plus, kudos to her for not letting Dean die. We all need to applaud her for that.

I also really liked that doctor. She has a good head on her shoulders. The Winchesters could use someone like that on their team more often (plus, it’s handy that she actually knows how to do stitches like a professional).

On the other hand, I am getting a little tired of these “monster of the week” episodes. As interesting as this episode was, I’m eager to get back to the real plot of this season.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9