Review: Supernatural Season 11, Episode 15: Beyond the Mat

I love Crowley. Seriously, I don’t think I say it enough. He is a wonderful, hilarious, and super entertaining character.

It would be weird not to like Crowley, and he is certainly the star of this episode.

I love that he double crossed the demon who double crossed him. It was such a classically Machievelian Crowley thing to do! If only the Hand of God hadn’t given out at the last moment, we would have one less Lucifer to deal with! As it is, I’m impressed that Crowley managed to free himself and get away with relatively little effort. The King of Hell is back! Bravo!

Also, it’s good to see Crowley out of the dog cage. He just didn’t look right without his classy black suit!

On the other hand, I’m also impressed with Lucifer. Well, to be more accurate, I’m impressed by Misha Collins. Even though he has the same clothes and outward appearance, you can immediately tell that you’re dealing with Lucifer and not Castiel when he walks into a scene. He plays Lucifer brilliantly and manages to make him a really entertaining character! My hat goes off to him!

Anyway. Setting all of that aside, I suppose we should talk about the main plot of the episode. Wrestling!

I always enjoy getting insights to Sam and Dean’s childhood. They do a lot to explain the current decisions and actions of the characters; plus, they’re usually pretty entertaining! In this case, I am a little surprised that John Winchester liked pro-wrestling. Since it’s usually scripted and choreographed, you would think that he would prefer something a little more authentic. But maybe that was how the Winchesters escaped from the reality of real life.

In any case, it was fun to see the Winchesters geek out over their favorite wrestlers, and the case itself was pretty interesting. I have to admit that I did not expect Gunner to be the killer; he seemed like a good guy, you know? At least Gunner managed to kill the Crossroad Demon before the hellhounds came for him.

That being said, I do hope that we really get back into the meat of the main plot soon. The boys still have to destroy Amara and save Castiel. There’s a lot of ground to cover, and we’re more than halfway through the season. Here’s to hoping that they get busy soon!

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9