Review: Locke & Key Season 2, Episode 6: The Maze

Oh, Erin! 

I was just starting to get used to having her on this show, and now she's DEAD! 

It's disappointing because I was liking her character more and more, but also because it was a pretty stupid way to die. I understand that Erin probably still has the mind of a teenager, but there was no reason for her to go up against Dodge on her own. I mean, if Erin told the Lockes she had a plan to kill Dodge, they would probably offer to help! There's no reason for all the secrecy!

Now, the Lockes have lost a valuable ally and a valuable key. For heaven's sake, they don't even know how the chain key works! The Lockes are at such a disadvantage in this situation. 

They're just lucky that Gabe/Dodge seems to believe that the Lockes still don't know about him. By the way, that makes Dodge a pretty stupid demon because it's SO OBVIOUS! The second Kinsey broke the mirror when she saw him, he should have known that something was up.

On the bright side, I'm happy that Duncan has his memories back. The Locke kids need all the help they can get, and it seems like memory Duncan is going to be really helpful to have around. Plus, he's much more enjoyable as a character when he actually knows what's going on. 

On another note, I was a little surprised that Jackie decided not to keep her memories. I wonder if Jackie who remembered magic would feel that way, but I guess we'll never know. I suppose not remembering magic will make her life easier, but, in my opinion, the tradeoff isn't worth it. All the same, I'm glad Tyler gave her the choice to remember or not. That was definitely the right thing to do. Yet, I have a feeling that Jackie isn't going to be on this show much longer; I'm pretty confident that this is going to break up their relationship sooner or later. 

On the other hand, Bode and Jaime's relationship continues to be really adorable. I'm so glad he found a friend!

On a fun note, I enjoyed seeing demon Eden interacting with her human mother. It was so weird when Eden told her mother she should kill her father and the mother was happy. You know there's something wrong with your family when someone suggests murder, and the other person isn't even alarmed. 

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review