Review: Locke & Key Season 2, Episode 5: Past is Prologue

Now, THIS was a good episode! There were so many twists and turns, and we got so many big plot points. I loved it! 

First of all, I am over the moon that Kinsey and co. have finally realized that Gabe is Dodge and Eden is a demon (hey, that rhymes!). Now, finally, they have some idea of what they're up against! 

I guess we should thank Eden for being so drunk and sloppy. If she didn't need to blow off some demonic steam, the Lockes would probably still be in the dark! I have to give props to the two actresses who play Kinsey and Eden. Their scene together in the bedroom was A+. I was interested in everything that was happening.

The inside of Eden's head was also A+ set design from someone on the Locke & Key team. I love the idea of her brain being one big boutique. It really suits her.

Now, the big question is what does Eden remember? If Eden knows that Kinsey was inside her head or remembers that she threatened Kinsey, it's going to be all over for the Lockes pretty quick. Of course, Gabe might end Eden before she ends the Lockes. You never know. 

I really don't know how the Lockes are going to deal with Gabe. Fixing this situation is definitely going to be tough, but at least the kids have another adult on their side. Or, at least, I assume Uncle Duncan is going to be on their side now. I have no idea how he's going to react to regaining his memories, but things couldn't possibly be worse than they were in the last episode. Now, at least, Duncan will understand what's going on!

Speaking of Duncan, I'm glad they found the memory key. I was impressed by how quickly they were able to find it, and I was equally impressed that Rendell was able to hide it so well. You would think that a key in a block of cement would be pretty impossible to find! I'm just glad that Tyler was able to grab the key before Gabe got to it.  

On the fun side, it's so cute that Bode and Rufus are able to visit each other with the Anywhere Key. Their friendship is so sweet and pure; it's definitely one of the most positive aspects of the show. I really hope that the Lockes are able to rescue Ellie somehow and that Rufus can come back to Matheson and hang out with Bode. That would be excellent. 

It seems like the Lockes are finally starting to realize that someone other than Dodge got tossed through the Omega door. Like I said, I hope they're able to rescue Ellie, but I am a little doubtful about that.

I'm also happy to see that Nina is developing a nice little relationship with Josh. She doesn't get to have a lot of fun on this show, so it's nice that she had some time for romance in this episode. I am still a little suspicious of Josh, but I'm starting to think that he has genuine feelings for Nina, so hopefully he's a good guy. 

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review