Review: Supernatural Season 11, Episode 13: Love Hurts

Not gonna lie, this episode felt like filler to me.

I’m not saying it was a bad episode or anything like that, but nothing about it really stood out to me. Plus, aside from Dean’s encounter with qareen Amara, there was nothing really related to the main plot of the season in this episode. And, let’s be real, we all already knew that Amara was Dean’s deepest, darkest desire.

The only surprising thing about this episode was that Dean actually told Sam that Amara was his dark desire. Normally that’s something he would lie about. So, it only took eleven seasons for Sam and Dean to learn that open and honest communication is a desirable thing. What a shock.

Otherwise, I was quite tickled by the fact that the super powerful, qareen conjuring witch was a hairdresser. It just seems so ordinary! Although, I couldn’t understand why Sonja kept all her magical stuff in her shop. If I were her, I would have that qareen’s heart in a safety deposit box or in a Swiss bank vault. I also didn’t really understand why Sonja was so passionate about killing all of these people in the first place. It’s not like she knows any of these people, and her involvement in their lives is tangential. Plus, why was she killing the women who had been cheated on? I understand that she thinks the women are weak, but that seems like a pretty weak (not to be repetitive) reason to kill them. The logic of that plot point felt strained to me.

The rest of the plot was also a little boring. And gross. I don’t need to see people’s hearts getting ripped out. It’s a bit much, especially in an episode I don’t particularly like.

I often enjoy “monster of the week” episodes. However, I think we’re due for an episode about the main plot now. Amara and her machinations are too interesting to ignore for this length of time. Hopefully they’ll be the focus of the next episode.

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9