Review: Supernatural Season 11, Episode 11: Into the Mystic

That Lucifer, he’s tricky isn’t he? I don’t know what I expected, but even I was surprised by the degree of deception that he displayed. I guess they don’t call him the Prince of Lies for nothing!

However, despite all of his tricks, using Dean to draw Amara out is not the worst idea for getting rid of her. I mean, he’s the only person that she has any sort of emotional connection to. You could say that he’s her only weakness.

All the same, it’s really tough to see Lucifer walk around in Cas’s body. It’s so creepy to see that devilish gleam in his eyes! I have to hand it to Misha Collins; he’s an excellent actor. Somehow, he manages to play Lucifer playing Castiel with aplomb. I’m actually really impressed. It’s a superb performance.

Aside from the main plot points of the episode, the “monster of the week” was also pretty interesting. I don’t think we’ve had a banshee on Supernatural before, and it certainly created an interesting plot. The final scene where they killed the monster was super dramatic, even by Supernatural standards! Gold knives have to be one of the most lavish weapons we’ve seen on Supernatural so far.

I really enjoyed meeting Eileen Leahy and seeing her origin story. It’s amazing that she’s able to hunt and kill banshees without being able to hear anything! I mean, imagine going after monsters without being able to hear someone coming up behind you. I mean, that must take tremendous courage! I hope we see Eileen in future episodes because I really like her, and I think she’s a great hunter.

I also really liked Mildred. She was a character! Plus, her appreciation of the Winchesters was really entertaining. For whatever reason, older women love Sam and Dean! I know that Sam and Dean think that they’ll never be able to retire. But, if they do, they’ll do just fine in the nursing home!

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review