Review: Supernatural Season 11, Episode 9: O Brother Where Art Thou?

This episode was fantastically weird. The entire time I was watching it, I was thinking “this is such a strange episode.” However, it was also fantastically good! 

First of all, I think we need to talk about Dean and Amara’s relationship. They have got some kind of bond that I absolutely cannot understand in any way. It’s both fascinating and also sort of weird and disturbing. However, it’s much less disturbing now that Amara has an adult body and isn’t a little girl anymore. 

Speaking of Amara, she is REALLY getting scary. If lightning strikes and water turning into blood wasn’t bad enough, killing those angels certainly was. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that God’s sister has that much power, but it is freaky to see someone destroy angels so easily. (Not that I’m the biggest fan of angels or anything like that).

On the flip side, Rowena was the biggest ray of sunshine in this episode. She really does make every episode that she’s in awesome. I loved watching her crush on Lucifer in this episode. I guess it makes total sense that a witch would be in love with the prince of darkness, but it was still weirdly adorable that she was swooning over Lucifer. 

Speaking of Lucifer, how is it possible that he continues to make Sam’s life so miserable almost six seasons later? I really thought that we were done with Lucifer tricking Sam, but I guess I was wrong about that!

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT HE’S BACK IN THE CAGE! I almost can’t stand it. As much as I’m often annoyed by Sam, no one deserves that. The idea that Lucifer managed to convince Sam that God was talking to him just makes me so angry. I’m assuming that he’s going to be possessed by Lucifer any minute now, and then the boys will spend all of season twelve trying to get him out. 

On the bright side, I think that Lucifer will be really helpful in getting rid of Amara (at least, I hope so).

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review