Review: Supernatural Season 11, Episode 22: We Happy Few

Okay Supernatural, you can’t just end an episode with all the characters staring at the sky, and then not show us what’s going on! That’s like the worst kind of cliff hanger. But, I guess it’s incentive to watch the next episode real quick and in a hurry!

Seriously though, this was an excellent episode. I mean, Amara has basically defeated God and all his allies at this point and all of creation might be about to end. Plus, it looks like Lucifer is actually dead. How could it possibly be more dramatic?

Talk about setting things up for the finale!

Despite the fact that nothing worked to defeat Amara, I was pretty impressed that Lucifer and the Winchesters were able to convince witches, angels, and demons to participate in battling the Darkness. That being said, I think the witches would have been better served by going into the past, as Rowena suggested. I think getting their faces burned off by Amara’s power was a pretty poor return on their investment. Also, I liked Clea! I’m disappointed that she died, and I think she was right about ancient Greece. Way better than the Middle Ages.

I was surprised that the demons, angels, and witches working together weren’t able to do more serious damage to Amara. I mean, the last time the angels smote her, it took her quite a while to fully recover. Although, I was really surprised that Chuck wasn’t strong enough to weaken her. I mean, if Amara can weaken Chuck to the point of killing him, you’d think he’d have the skill to resist her more effectively. I guess the problem is that God represents creation and Amara represents destruction.

But, I can’t imagine that the show is actually going to allow Amara to destroy the world, so I assume that the Winchesters are going to save the world (again) in the next episode. If they don’t, it would be pretty disappointing because I’m pretty sure Supernatural would be less interesting set in a vacuous wasteland.

Oh, and I have to say that I’m disappointed in Amara for killing Donatello. He was a nice guy! As if she hasn’t caused enough problems on this show!

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review