Review: Supernatural Season 11, Episode 21: All in the Family

Okay, now THIS was a great episode! This season is really starting to get exciting.

First of all, I love Donatello. He is a fantastic character! Plus, I always like when the Winchesters can turn a skeptic into a believer in the supernatural. It’s refreshing.

Plus, we may have seen the last of Metatron in this episode. I’ve been waiting for the show to kill off Metatron for a few seasons now (seriously, could there be a more annoying character?), so excuse me while I do a happy dance because we might not have to deal with him ever again! Wouldn’t that be fantastic? Don’t get me wrong, I do think that Metatron was very noble and brave in this episode, and he went out the right way if he’s dead. However, in my eyes, he’s an irredeemable character. It’s as simple as that.

Speaking of Metatron, his quest to rescue Lucifer with Sam, Dean, and Donatello was great television. I never thought I’d feel bad for Lucifer, but I was really glad that the Winchesters were able to get him out of Amara’s clutches. Although, Chuck really saved the day when he dropped the Impala into the bunker. My only complaint is that he doesn’t do that more often! Imagine how much trouble he could have saved the Winchesters over the years!

I do, however, have some complaints about Chuck. I don’t want to complain too much, but he’s very underwhelming as a deity. Amara has much more goddess energy than he does to be completely honest. I also have doubts that Chuck just turning himself over to Amara is going to do anything to resolve this situation. I’m pretty sure she just wants to destroy God’s creation. Period. End of story. Like I said, I’m not too happy with Chuck’s reasoning or behavior.

On the other hand, I do not get what Amara wants when it comes to Dean! I mean, Dean has betrayed her or tried to kill her several times at this point. I get that he’s handsome and everything, but why does she still want him to be part of her? I do not get it! Although, it does make for an awfully dramatic final scene in this episode.

Seriously though, Donatello is still the best part of this episode.

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9