Review: Supernatural Season 11, Episode 20: Don't Call Me Shurley


I don’t want to give myself too many props, but I always kind of suspected that Chuck was God.

I mean, there was obviously something about him that was different, and his sudden disappearance and reappearance was suspicious.

That being said, I have some quibbles about Chuck’s behavior as God. I mean, I think that’s kind of the point of the episode, right? No one wants or expects God to act in such a vain or narcissistic manner. (Although, I do support the blog with the photos of cats). The autobiography has to be one of the most obnoxious things ever! When you’re siding with Metatron in a situation, you know it has to be pretty bad.

That being said, by the end of the episode Chuck had more or less redeemed himself. I’m obviously glad that he put everything back to normal and that Dean has the amulet back. Plus, I’m over the moon that God has arrived to help the Winchesters deal with Amara (at least, I assume he’s going to help them with Amara; it would be obnoxious if he didn’t).

Speaking of Amara, I have to admit that the breadth and scope of her powers is truly and utterly terrifying. Those black veins? The rabid behavior? I mean, if she can fill an entire town with that evil smoke that easily, what’s stopping her from destroying the world in a week or two? The answer is nothing, and that’s what’s horrifying.

I guess we’ll just have to hope that Chuck can stop Amara from wiping any other towns or cities off the map!

Rating: 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Review: The Last Kingdom Season 4 Episode 9