Review: Supernatural Season 9, Episode 21: King of the Damned

Well, the plot has certainly thickened in this episode!

I hope it doesn’t get any thicker than this because, honestly, I’m starting to lose the threads of the plot.

Like, I can’t even keep up with what Cas is doing. Let me try to get this straight. Cas is playing the villain because that’s what Metatron asked him to do, but he is also trying to legitimately find a way to defeat Metatron...which means that he’s kind of triple-crossing everyone, right?

Like, don’t get me wrong, I love Cas, but Sam and Dean should have stopped trusting him a long time ago. Cas always thinks he’s doing something for the best, refuses to tell the Winchesters, and lets everything blow up in his face. Go ahead, tell me I’m wrong!

HOWEVER.

I think I’m burying the lead.

Abaddon is gone! Ding-dong, the wicked witch is dead!

It was about time. Her usefulness as a character was beginning to come to an end. Don’t get me wrong, she was a good villain, but, after a few seasons, all the villains lose their pizazz. That being said, it was VERY satisfying to watch Dean destroy a Knight of Hell. That scene with the first blade was EPIC.

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m kind of terrified of Dean now, but it was epic nonetheless.

However, the best part of the episode was watching Crowley try to be a parent. That’s a reality show in the making. I’m telling you, half-human Crowley is a hoot and a holler!

Anyway, this episode was okay overall. It wasn’t great, but it wasn’t bad either. Here’s to hoping that this season finishes strong.

Rating: 6/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review