Review: Supernatural Season 9, Episode 18: Meta Fiction

Guys, I’m not sure if I liked this episode.

I was disappointed in Cas, that’s for sure. I just can’t understand why he would make an active choice to play into Metatron’s plans. Surely, that’s going to be a catastrophe, right?

As much as I love Cas, he makes a lot of bad decisions as a character. I think he’s lacking the common sense gene.

That being said, Metatron has made himself basically unbeatable at this point. If you can’t restrain an angel with holy fire and sigils, you’re out of luck. Plus, allowing Cas to understand every pop culture reference in the world is its own super power.

Speaking of Metatron and his merry band of angels, I was disappointed that Sam and Dean couldn’t kill Gadreel. It may be obvious to say, but that guy really screwed them over. You could tell that it was eating the Winchesters up that they couldn’t end him then and there.

I was also annoyed that Gabriel both was and wasn’t in this episode. You can’t taunt us like that and then reveal that he’s actually a figment of Cas’ imagination. I need to know if he’s alive or not. I guess that kind of stuff makes for entertaining television, but it drives me insane!

As you may have guessed, I found this episode to be a little disappointing and a little annoying. I know that this episode was important from a plot standpoint, but on its own it wasn’t very entertaining.

On an unrelated note, how many angels are there? You would think that, with the rate of utter carnage that these angels are experiencing, we would be running out of them at this point in the show. Seriously, every season a boatload of angels die, and more just keep popping up out of nowhere. Like daisies! If angels have been dying for thousands of years, and no new angels are being created, we should be almost out of them by now. This is just entertainment, so I don’t want to be too critical, but there is a preposterous number of angels in this show! When all of this Metatron crap is said and done, I’m going to need to see a complete census of all the angels that are left. 

Rating: 6/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review