Review: Locke & Key Season 2, Episode 9: Alpha & Omega

Well, this plot is certainly heating up! 

First of all, I have to say that I'm glad Ellie is back. I mean, you would think that going through a glowing demon door into Hell would kill someone, but I'm glad she made it! And hey, maybe her stay in the demon dimension taught her something about getting rid of Gabe/Dodge. That would certainly be useful. I'm just sad that she missed seeing Erin alive and in the flesh; she really is the only keeper of the keys left now. 

Anyway, that was a great reveal in an episode that was otherwise pretty sad. 

Don't get me wrong, this was an excellent episode, but it was kind of dark. I mean, it was just awful to see Jackie die in Tyler's arms, especially after he worked so hard to save her. It was pretty heartbreaking. 

I'm wondering if everyone who is infected with the demonic energy dies after they lose their demons. It could be a side effect of the demon-freeing key or it could be the fact that the demons damage the human body, so you're unable to live without your demon. In any case, it's pretty tragic that Tyler and Duncan struggled to make that key and it couldn't even save Jackie. I am glad, however, that Tyler was able to speak to the real Jackie before she died. That was a nice moment.  

This episode did set us up for a couple of big plot points that I assume will be revealed in the finale. First of all, I'm assuming that Nina was kidnapped. It was kind of foolish for Tyler and Kinsey to let her go wandering off on her own; however, Nina is an adult, so I guess they couldn't really stop her. I'm also confident that Gabe could have abducted her from Key House if he really wanted to. 

I also assume that we'll find out what the harness and wing key do in the next episode. I'm thinking that it's going to let the Lockes fly (which would be awesome and so useful), but I'm curious to see how they're going to use it. 

I'm also curious to see what's going to happen with Josh Bennett in the rest of this season. In the realm of parents I'm concerned about in this show, he's at the top of the list. I mean, come on, following Eden into that cave was idiotic. Couldn't he sense that something was off with her? Doesn't he have any common sense? If someone told me they had something to show me in a creepy cave, I would tell them to get lost! I'm going to need him to have some common sense in the future. It's a good thing that Bode had the strength belt or he'd have been a goner! 

Overall, I think this was the best episode of Locke & Key thus far. The pacing was just right, and it certainly packed a punch emotionally. We're definitely building up to an epic conclusion, and I can't wait to see it!

Rating: 9/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review