Review: Locke & Key Season 2, Episode 4: Forget Me Not

Well, THIS was an emotional episode. 

I feel absolutely awful for Duncan, and I'm even more angry with Rendell for taking away his memories and messing up his head in the first place! It was heartbreaking to see him so confused and upset! Plus, I'm pretty sure that Duncan thinks he's going crazy. I mean, I would probably think I was going crazy if I was in the same situation. And that's not even taking into account the emotional pain of remembering everything that happened with Rendell and his friends.

Like I said in my previous review, the more I learn about Rendell, the less I like him.

He came across as especially unlikeable in Duncan's flashbacks. Although, I have to say that the flashbacks themselves were pretty interesting. When all is said and done with Locke & Key, I'd like a whole spinoff show focusing on what happened when Rendell and his friends were young.

Erin is also growing on me. I'm impressed by her attitude and her desire to fix Duncan's situation. Also, for a person who just woke up from a coma after spending half her life in her own head, she is coping remarkably well. It's almost like she just picked up the threads of her old life. It's all kind of amazing. If anyone should be having an emotional crisis, it's Erin. 

On the bright side, they do have the Anywhere Key now, which is great. I wish I had a boyfriend like Tyler who could take me on magical European vacations. Seriously, what could be better than stepping through a door into Jane Austen world? Let's just hope that Jackie will remember the trip later. 

Speaking of relationships, I'm delighted that Kinsey and Gabe seem to be breaking up. I think I've said it before, but I REALLY hate Gabe. I even hate him more than I hated Dodge last season! So, I'm glad that Kinsey seems to be getting suspicious. Plus, after what happened with the Ghost Key, I don't want him anywhere near Key House again. 

I love that Mr. Ghost Locke managed to trick Gabe in his ghost form. It was so satisfying to see him exposed as a demon! Not to mention that getting Sam to invade Gabe's body was an absolutely GENUIS idea. If Sam could have gotten to the body three seconds earlier, all the Locke's problems would have been over! Alas, it was not to be. 

I guess we should also talk about Kinsey's fear. I think it was definitely a good decision to put her fear back; whenever you start pulling things out of your head willy-nilly, bad things follow. Anyway, I hope we're going to see a more thoughtful, cautious Kinsey going forward. The Lockes are going to need all the good sense they can get if they're going to go up against two demons with whispering iron.

Speaking of whispering iron, the fact that Josh had a piece of one of the rarest substances in the universe makes me awfully suspicious of him. Not to mention the fact that he has the Key House dollhouse. I'm going to be keeping my eyes on him!

Rating: 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 1 Episode 1 Review

Peaky Blinders: Season 2 Episode 6 Review